Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dancing Queen

To say I'm a proud Momma might be an understatement!

(Her favorite part? Getting to wear "mascara"!)

On Saturday, Ava had her 1st ever dance recital! SO EXCITING!! Don't know if the excitement was more expressed by me or by Ava, but exciting none-the-less!

She has taken dance for this past year in a 3-4 year old ballet and tap class. I absolutely adore her studio. I've been so impressed with the technique she's been receiving, even at such a young age. No "Skip to My Lou" song and dance here! Lots of fun, but with good technical lessons in the mix! She's had a great year and I know she'll excel quickly here!

They put all that fun and learning to good use at the recital this past weekend and did an awesome job!



Of COURSE, I cried! Come on!! Who wouldn't? (Though it's true....I cried for 5 other groups with kids I didn't even know. I can blame that on the hormones, right?)



As line leader of her class, Ava had a lot riding on the performance. And she DID NOT disappoint! She came right out, went straight to her spot and did all her moves beautifully!


Such a proud Momma!

 (Her "silly" faces...sigh)


Thank you to all the family that came to see her! We were all thrilled you could make it! And she LOVED getting all those beautiful flowers!

No comments: